2026 PCT Day 21, 04 September 2026 (Friday)
Overall PCT Day 137
"Hung Up To Dry"
|
Start Location: |
Stormy Lake, Sisters Wilderness, Mi. 1936.8 |
Destination: |
Elk Lake, Mi. 1955.4 |
|
PCT Miles Day 117: |
18.6 |
Cum PCT Miles: |
2503.7 |
|
Non-PCT Miles Day 117: |
3.1 |
Cum All Miles: |
2721.7 |
|
PCT Miles Remaining: |
142.6 |
|
|
Elevation Gain Day 117: |
955 |
Cum Elevation Gain: |
424,866 |
Not much to say today, and no pictures. It was a very frustrating day. My tent is very wet again from all the rain last night. And there was just no break in the rain today long enough to dry things out.
This was a day that I should’ve done a lot of miles. But because it’s also been very cold at night, and I was at a point in the trail where I had an option to go to Elk Lake Resort, I decided it was the safer thing to do. This way I can get all my stuff dry again. The forecast is a little bit better going forward, so hopefully I can make up some of the miles I didn’t do today.I will probably get rained on again several more times before I finish this hike. That’s OK as long as there is a long enough break in the rain each day that I can get my stuff dry. The next eight to ten days could be interesting, and possibly frustrating.
Glad you made it! Such an adventure! IB
ReplyDeleteThe last week was really nuts! The next 7-8 days look good. I’ll probably even finish on schedule, hopefully.
Delete