2026 PCT Day 28, 11 September 2026 (Friday)
Overall PCT Day 144
"No Pressure"
|
Start Location: |
Timberline Lodge, Mt. Hood, Mi. 2100.1 |
Destination: |
Between Mount Hood and Cascade Locks, Mi. 2124.4 |
|
PCT Miles Day 144: |
0.0 |
Cum PCT Miles: |
2648.4 |
|
Non-PCT Miles Day 144: |
24.7 |
Cum All Miles: |
2897.3 |
|
PCT Miles Remaining: |
0.0 |
|
|
Elevation Gain Day 144: |
0 |
Cum Elevation Gain: |
447,197 |
Note that since I completed the PCT, I'm counting all miles today as non-PCT, thus, the elevation gain today of 4469 feet is also non-PCT.
Last night felt and looked very stormy but it didn’t rain. Because rooms were available at Timberline Lodge, every hiker near the area stayed there, including me.
Weather was very nice today. I took the alternate trail to Ramona Falls, one of the best alternates on the PCT.
Most of the day was in the forest again. Every once in a while there was a good view of Mt. Hood or Mt. St. Helens. Otherwise, not great photo ops again.
It was interesting hiking today. I don’t think I realized how much pressure I was putting on myself to complete the PCT. Somehow, today felt easier, moving felt freer. It wasn’t necessarily an easy day, but it felt more relaxed.
Tomorrow will be my last day on trail. The forecast calls for rain starting in the afternoon, so hopefully I can get to Cascade Locks before it starts.
![]() |
| Mount Hood in the morning |
![]() |
| Timberline Lodge with Mount Jefferson in the background |
![]() |
| A nice view of the trail in the Mount Hood area |
![]() |
| Sandy River Falls |
![]() |
| Sandy River crossing |
![]() |
| Ramona Falls with a bunch of its fans sitting around |
![]() |
| Ramona Falls. One of the great day hikes you can do around Mount Hood. |
![]() |
| Spotted Tussock Moth in caterpillar stage |
![]() |
| That's just kind of strange looking |
![]() |
| A distant view of Mt. St. Helens |










No comments:
Post a Comment