Monday, August 24, 2026

Overall PCT Day 121

<--PREVIOUS                                                    HOME                                              NEXT--> 

2026 PCT Day 5, 19 August 2026 (Wednesday)

Overall PCT Day 121

"Body Check"

 

Start Location:

Etna Summit TH, Mi. 1601.3

Destination:

Marten Lake, Mi.1615.5

PCT Miles Day 117:

14.2

Cum PCT Miles:

2170.0

Non-PCT Miles Day 117:

0.2

Cum All Miles:

2369.4

PCT Miles Remaining:

477.3



Elevation Gain Day 117:

1696

Cum Elevation Gain: 

382,583

 

I left Etna at 1pm to go back to the trail.

Today I was feeling the strongest, I’ve felt yet, a good sign. Everything in body is feeling good for the first time, all the little issues have gone away, at least for now.

It’s hard to say if the improved hiking performance today was a result of getting closer to getting my trail legs back, or just having two less than full days in a row, fueled by some town food.

Based on the progress I made today, going into Etna doesn’t appear that it’s going to affect my plans. In fact, I’ll probably get into Seiad Valley about the same time that I was originally planning to get there. In fact, that actually puts me ahead because I was going to spend the entire day and night in Seiad Valley. Now I’ll just get some food there and then keep hiking.

It was another day that was perfectly pleasant, but just not anything to take a picture of. Bugs were not an issue, there were some burn areas here and there, but nothing too horrible, water sources weren’t great, but they were sufficient. Not anything else for today.


Fischer Lake...last water source for the day


 <--PREVIOUS                                                                                                        NEXT-->

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment