Monday, August 24, 2026

Overall PCT Day 122

<--PREVIOUS                                                  HOME                                                 NEXT--> 

2026 PCT Day 6, 20 August 2026 (Thursday)

Overall PCT Day 122

"Slow Start, Fast Finish"

 

Start Location:

Marten Lake, Mi.1615.5

Destination:

PCT Mi.1643.1

PCT Miles Day 117:

27.6

Cum PCT Miles:

2196.6

Non-PCT Miles Day 117:

0.7

Cum All Miles:

2397.7

PCT Miles Remaining:

449.7



Elevation Gain Day 117:

3490

Cum Elevation Gain: 

386,073

 

Today was a slow start with hard trail. After how good I was feeling yesterday, I was hoping to keep the momentum going this morning. But the trail doesn’t always accommodate you.

I saw a lot more SOBO PCTers today. I must be near the middle of the pack of these hikers that are going the opposite way. There was also lots of intermittent bushwhacking…again.

Part of the section that I hiked today has a reputation for being horrible for tree blowdowns. There were in fact a lot of blowdowns; someone counted over 300. It still wasn’t that bad compared to other parts of the PCT. Still though, more than a few took a little bit of effort to get over, under or around. What made it worse was all the bushwhacking and sloppy trail.

Although the day started off slow, and I was delayed probably by about 30 minutes with all the downed trees, I did have a fast finish and got t a few more miles in today than I had thought I would.

My tent site is right next to a well flowing seasonal creek, so there is good white noise tonight.

Phone Battery: 73%


Sunrise view


Day 5 campsite

Man Eaten Lake in Marble Mountain Wilderness

Marble Mountains

Scenery from the trail

More scenery from the trail

Buckhorn Spring, a surprisingly good source of water


There were many blowdowns today, but fortunately, all of them were fairly easy to get by

Pacific Dogwood




<--PREVIOUS                                                                                                       NEXT--> 





1 comment:

  1. Hey Dan, from your latest pics the Mountain View’s are fantastic! You are making great progress. Keep it going cuz! CT

    ReplyDelete