2026 PCT Day 13, 27 August 2026 (Thursday)
Overall PCT Day 129
"Casual Thursday"
|
Start Location: |
Fish Lake - Mi. 1774.9 |
Destination: |
PCT Mi. 1794.2 |
|
PCT Miles Day 129: |
19.3 |
Cum PCT Miles: |
2347.4 |
|
Non-PCT Miles Day 129: |
0.1 |
Cum All Miles: |
2554.4 |
|
PCT Miles Remaining: |
298.9 |
|
|
Elevation Gain Day 129: |
2411 |
Cum Elevation Gain: |
407,723 |
Fish Lake Resort is definitely no luxury resort, but it served its purpose; I got a very good nights sleep. Since I am way ahead of my plan, I took my time this morning and didn’t start hiking until about 11 AM. The downside of this is that it was already warm when I started, so no cool morning miles.
Today’s trail was very nice, but like a lot of it so far just not a lot of amazing views of which to take pictures.My start time was casual, the trail was casual, my pace was casual, and the total miles today was casual. Today’s Dress Code: Hiking Casual.
My body felt good all day today, and no real aches and pains, maybe just a little tightness in my right ankle. A casual trail can be deceptively flattering to a hiker. It makes you feel like you were really killing it. But the real test comes when the trail gets harder.
There’s an outside chance I could get to Crater Lake tomorrow, but most likely I’ll get there early Saturday morning.
Todays random trail thought: I was listening to some music today, one of the songs that came along in my playlist was Woman From Tokyo by Deep Purple. I was thinking if they had used Apple Voice Translation when they were writing the lyrics it probably would’ve come out “My Woman From My Big Toe."
![]() |
| Pretty typical trail this morning |
![]() |
| Scenery from the trail, fairly typical for this part of Oregaon |
![]() |
| Fourmile Lake |
![]() |
| Christi's Spring...other than Fish Lake, the only source of water today |
![]() |
| Scenery from the trail |






No comments:
Post a Comment