2026 PCT Day 14, 28 August 2026 (Friday)
Overall PCT Day 130
"Three Wishes Gone Bad"
|
Start Location: |
PCT Mi. 1794.2 |
Destination: |
Just South of Crater Lake, Mi. 1816.0 |
|
PCT Miles Day 130: |
21.8 |
Cum PCT Miles: |
2369.2 |
|
Non-PCT Miles Day 130: |
0.1 |
Cum All Miles: |
2576.3 |
|
PCT Miles Remaining: |
277.1 |
|
|
Elevation Gain Day 130: |
2608 |
Cum Elevation Gain: |
410,331 |
Last night was probably the coldest night of the trip so far, and it’s starting off a bit chilly this morning.
Miles wise, I am now more than halfway done with what I had planned for this trip. I have hiked 313.7 miles in exactly two weeks; that includes one zero day and several partial days. On my full days of hiking, I am averaging about 26 miles per day. I am very happy with that. Because I have taken it fairly easy the last couple of days, I am almost exactly where I had planned to be, and I will be in Crater Lake early tomorrow morning. I could have gotten there today if I had really pushed for it, but there was really no point since I’ll have a short hike to get there in the morning.
Today kind of reminded me of one of those stories where somebody finds a lamp with a genie inside and the genie grants three wishes. And the genie says be careful what you wish for. Then all three wishes the person makes turn out terribly. It was a little bit like that after walking in the forest without any views for so long, I just kept wishing that I could get some good views. But that wish turned out badly because when I did get a view, it was a view of a devastated burn area. The moral of story is don’t rub the lamp.
Phone Battery: 71%
![]() |
| Some ponds below the trail |
![]() |
| Morning scenery from the trail |
![]() |
| Scenery from the trail |
![]() |
| A mini meadow along the trail |
![]() |
| The USFS is a proud sponsor of the Stop Saying "That's A Great Question" Foundation because here at the USFS, we prefer to not have any questions at all. |
![]() |
| Really! Do I need to make up another fake foundation to prove my point? |
![]() |
| Todays trail was more technical than yesterdays ultra fast racetrack of a trail |











No comments:
Post a Comment