Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Overall PCT Day 139

<--PREVIOUS                                                     HOME                                             NEXT--> 

2026 PCT Day 23, 06 September 2026 (Sunday)

Overall PCT Day 139

"Getting Bend"

 

Start Location:

Bend, OR From Lava Camp Lake, Mi. 1984.1

Destination:

Bend, OR From Lava Camp Lake, Mi. 1984.1

PCT Miles Day 139:

0.0

Cum PCT Miles:

2532.4

Non-PCT Miles Day 139:

0.0

Cum All Miles:

2752.5

PCT Miles Remaining:

113.9



Elevation Gain Day 139:

0

Cum Elevation Gain: 

429,442

 



Bend is a popular tourist location, and it is Labor Day weekend. I was unable to get a room last night in the hotel I’m staying at tonight. I was, perhaps, even a bit lucky to get a decent room last night. The recent poor weather probably kept some people away.

Bend is also no longer a small town where everybody knows each other. It is now a very large town/small city. The good thing is, I can find things here that you can’t find in a tiny general store that is meant mostly for people fishing and boating on a lake. The bad news is that things are more spread out.

The Bend Central Library is a really cool place. And the employees were really nice in allowing me sufficient time on one of their computers so that I was able to get my blog fully updated and current. Bend is a big enough place to haye an REI and it is close to my hotel. I was able to get a few things I needed there. I am now trying to arrange a ride to get back to the trail tomorrow morning.

I also got my third and final resupply box. I sent it to the hotel I am staying at, and I was glad that it was there. I had printed out cartoon pictures of Yogi The Bear running away with a picnic basket and taped those to the sides of my boxes. It’s generally a good idea to put something recognizable on your box. This worked really well for me, because each place I went to when I told them what I had put on the side of my box, they instantly remembered it.

They have a really cool Central Library in Bend

Bend has a neat amphitheater right on the Deschutes River.  Weird Al Yankovich is playing there tonight.


<--PREVIOUS                                                                                                      NEXT--> 




 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment